Summary of WIAA Statement (7/28/2020)
This is ALL fluid and subject to change. Please contact your school AD if you have questions.
- No Coaching Period: August 17 - September 27, 2020
- conditioning only: no skill building, scrimmage, strategic instruction
- "Out of Season Coaching” Period:(basically what “summer” has been in past)
- Open September 28 - November 30, 2020
- The window will mimic the traditional summer coaching window sanctioned by the WIAA. Football will be allowed 20 days of contact practices during the allowable coaching period in the fall.
Season 1 (alternate):
- Cross Country, Golf & Tennis may use Season 1 as an alternate season. Cross Country will now hold culminating events in Season 3. Golf & Tennis currently exist in Spring sports season.
Season 2 (Winter sports):
- Start date: December 28, 2020 (moved up 1 week earlier)
- End date: February 27, 2021
Season 3 (Fall sports):
- Start date: March 1, 2021
- End date: May 1, 2021 (May 8 for football)
- Football Start date moved up to: February 17, 2021
- Action taken in order for Football to begin play the same week as all other Season 3 sports
Season 4 (Spring Sports):
- Start date: April 26, 2021
- End date: June 26, 2021
Schools will be allowed to schedule 70% of typical allowable contests for each sport in all seasons. *If a team does not make post-season, there is allowance to schedule one (1) additional contest.
Schedules will be posted at a later date. Athletic Directors are currently working on this.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding of this unprecedented time!